The Iowa Hawkeyes and the Purdue Boilermakers will face off at 3:30 p.m. ET Oct. 24 at Ross-Ade Stadium to kick off their 2020 seasons. After a 10-3 record last year and a win in the Holiday Bowl, the Hawkeyes are coming in with an eye to spark another quality season. On the other hand, last year was nothing to brag about for Purdue (4-8), so the team is looking forward to a new start.
A pair of last-season stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Iowa was third best in the nation in rushing touchdowns allowed, finishing the 2019 season giving up only six. Less enviably, Purdue was fifth worst when it came to rushing touchdowns last season, with the squad coming up with only nine overall. We’ll see if Iowa’s defense can keep Purdue’s running backs out of the end zone.
The point spread is more or less neutral, so fans should expect a close game. We’ll see if the game is as close as the oddsmakers expect or if one of these teams has a surprise blowout in them.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Ross-Ade Stadium — West Lafayette, Indiana
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Hawkeyes are a 3-point favorite against the Boilermakers, according to the latest college football odds.
See college football picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Iowa have won three out of their last five games against Purdue.
- Oct 19, 2019 – Iowa 26 vs. Purdue 20
- Nov 03, 2018 – Purdue 38 vs. Iowa 36
- Nov 18, 2017 – Purdue 24 vs. Iowa 15
- Oct 15, 2016 – Iowa 49 vs. Purdue 35
- Nov 21, 2015 – Iowa 40 vs. Purdue 20